Biology / Microbiology / Biotechnology students:
Registration for the Spring semester starts October 19! Here’s what you can do to prepare:
– Check your list of “holds” in OneStart. If you have any holds, you can click on each hold for more details. Certain holds can keep you from registering, so clear those up now!
– Check your registration date in OneStart.
– Check your Academic Advisement Report (AAR) in OneStart:
Student Center > My Academics and Grades > Advising box (first one on left) > View My Advisement Report
– Use your AAR to fill out a degree checksheet. Degree checksheets are here: https://hoosierbiology.wordpress.com/ (Please choose the correct checksheet for your starting year at IUB. Freshmen, temporarily use the sophomore ones until yours become available.) Once you’ve filled out a degree checksheet, you will have an idea of which courses you need.
– Make an appointment with an advisor, if you need one. Instructions are here: https://hoosierbiology.wordpress.com/2012/10/11/advising-appointments-for-spring-2013-registration/
(If you can’t get an appointment prior to registration, register anyway and see an advisor afterwards if needed!)
PRIOR TO REGISTRATION: Choose classes, and fill your OneStart shopping cart!
Here are some resources to help you fill your OneStart shopping cart:
– Schedule of classes (NOTE: THE SCHEDULE OF CLASSES IS BEING UPDATED DAILY, SO THE LISTINGS WILL CHANGE BY THE TIME YOU REGISTER!)
– Biology lectures and labs: an email will be sent later this week about next semester’s lectures/labs. The full list is on the BioBlog: https://hoosierbiology.wordpress.com/
– College of Arts and Sciences (CASE) A&H and S&H (NOTE: these are NOT the same as Gen Ed courses! If you need Gen Ed courses, see below.)
– General EducationA&H, S&H, and World Cultures (for students who started at IUB after spring 2011 – affects most Sophomores / Freshmen, NOT most Juniors / Seniors):
(MAKE SURE GEN ED APPLIES TO YOU PRIOR TO CONSULTING THE GEN ED LISTS ABOVE! THESE ARE FOR STUDENTS WHO STARTED AT IUB AFTER SPRING 2011! IF YOU STARTED BEFORE SUMMER 2011, YOU SHOULD BE USING THE CASE LISTS ONLY!)
– Culture Studies (for BA degrees only):
– Critical Approaches (aka Topics) courses (COLL-C 103 (A&H), C 104 (S&H), and C 105 (N&M))
ON YOUR REGISTRATION DAY: Use OneStart to register for classes!
Questions? Make an appointment with an advisor!