This scholarship was created to provide financial assistance to undergraduate students in the College who encounter a significant financial hardship as they approach graduation that may affect their ability to complete their degree. Applications are reviewed and awards are made on a rolling basis.
- Indiana resident with a documented financial hardship
- Current full-time status at IUB or in an IU-administered or IU co-sponsored overseas study program
- Minimum College GPA of 2.750 at the time of application and be in good academic standing
- Be eligible to graduate within three semesters of receiving an award
- Have consulted with Student Central on Union regarding other financial options
Information and application forms are available at:
http://college.indiana.edu/undergrad/scholarships/cri_bosart.shtml. Questions? Contact the Undergraduate Academic Affairs Office, Owen Hall 102/104, 855-1647.
[PLEASE NOTE: The College of A&S nominates students for this scholarship. Students do not apply directly. For more information, see the link below.]
This is a national scholarship program that supports undergraduate students planning careers in natural sciences, math, and engineering. The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation accepts applications only through participating universities via designated nominating officials. The College holds an internal competition to select nominees for the national Goldwater competition and The Foundation selects approximately 300 winners each year from all over the United States.
- Current sophomore or junior
- Planning a career in natural sciences (Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Geology, Physics), Mathematics, Cognitive Science, or Neuroscience
- Successful nominees have had College GPAs of 3.900 or higher
- Must be a US citizen, resident alien, or US national
November 8, 2013 4 p.m.: All materials due
Information available at:
Questions? Contact the Undergraduate Academic Affairs Office, Owen Hall 102/104, 855-1647.