WildCare Inc. is currently accepting animal care internship applications for summer 2014.
Summer Internships are from May to August. With 3 days of mandatory training before the start date. The chosen interns must commit to work 30-40 hours per week and be available for a set schedule including holidays, nights and weekends. We try to arrange schedules so that individuals can still attend summer classes or work part-time.
What we are looking for:
• Interns must be able to lift a minimum of 25lbs
• The ability to stand for at least 30 minute intervals
• Be able to read and follow instructions including the willingness to ask questions
• Perform simple calculations and have dependable transportation
• Interns will need to supply proof of current tetanus (within last 7 years)
• This position may not be suitable for individuals who are immune suppressed
Interns must participate in orientation and complete formal training sessions prior to beginning intern duties and responsibilities. Dates will be provided once you are accepted into the program.
References and letters of recommendation will be provided for those who complete the internship successfully. This internship is unpaid and housing is not provided.
Applicants for Internship:
Applications are currently being accepted. We will continue to accept applications until all positions are full.
For consideration applications must include the following:
• Letter of Intent detailing what you hope to gain from the internship
• Current Resume (not to exceed two pages unless a Curriculum Vitae)
• Two personal references including name, relationship, phone and email