African Language Spring 2015 Festival
When: Thursday, April 9th, 2015 at 7:00pm
Where: Neal Marshall Black Culture Center, Grand Hall
Come and celebrate with teachers and students of African languages taught at IU (Akan, Bamanankan, IsiZulu, Kiswahili, Wolof, and Yoruba).
Food will be catered by Samira restaurant
The festival is organized by Indiana University African Languages Club with support from IUSAID
For more information please contact Sarah Klankey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Students can apply now for the Paul E. Klinge Science Scholarship. The deadline for the Klinge Scholarship is April 1.
Eligible applicants are undergraduate education majors planning to become science teachers, students entering the Transition to Teaching program with science as their content area or science majors planning to pursue other scientific careers. Continue reading “Paul E. Klinge Science Scholarship for teaching – Deadline April 1”
Check out this internship opportunity with OrthoWorx for a Value Chain Process Model position. See flyer for details: OWX Value Chain Process Model Internship 3_16_15
Please note the following:
- We are accepting applicants that are international students – so long as their visas and paperwork is in order.
- We are accepting resumés through March 31, 2015. We will begin interviewing candidates in early April. Interviews would preferably be done in person; however, there is opportunity to do remote interviewing via FaceTime or Skype if students are unable to travel to Warsaw.
- We are looking to identify housing opportunities locally. Please stay tuned for further details on this matter.
- Interns will be expected to work onsite at OrthoWorx 80-90% of the time – there will be days where the group, or individuals, may travel to member companies to gather data, work with industry content experts and take facility tours to better understand the orthopedic industry as a whole.
These are paid internships! Again, the application deadline is March 31, 2015, so apply now!
Beginning March 25, the Biology Undergraduate Advising Office starts advising students for Fall 2015 course scheduling. There are so many students wanting appointments that we must reserve specific advising appointment times for students based on their Fall 2015 registration date.
To find your Fall 2015 registration date, check the Student Center in OneStart.
(If the registration date listed in OneStart is prior to April 7, you are looking at your Summer 2015 registration date! Click “details” in OneStart, click “Change Term,” and select your Fall 2015 registration date.)
PLEASE NOTE: Unless you have an advising hold in OneStart, it is not REQUIRED to see an advisor prior to registering (although we highly recommend it). If you do wish to make an appointment with a Biology advisor, please follow the appointment schedule below.
- March 25 and beyond: advising appointments for biology students with registration dates of April 7 – April 8
- March 30 and beyond: advising appointments for biology students with registration dates of April 9 – April 15
- April 6 and beyond: advising appointments for biology students with registration dates of April 16 – April 23
- April 20 and beyond: advising appointments for all students, including non-biology majors
Students who schedule an advising appointment before their designated date will have their appointments canceled. Continue reading “Making advising appointments for Fall 2015 enrollment”
When: Saturday, May 9th, 3:00p.m.
Where: Recognition Program in Ballantine Hall 013, with reception* to follow in the Jordan Hall Atrium
RSVP required by Monday, April 20th. Please email aeads at indiana . edu with the total number of family and friends attending; please include yourself in the total.
*Cake and fruit will be served