The IU Office of Sustainability is now accepting applications for the
2016 Summer Internship Program in Sustainability
Application deadline for all materials is 11:59 pm on Sunday, Feb. 14; we strongly encourage you to login here by Feb. 7 to send your recommendation request.
Visit sustain.indiana.edu for more information.
The Internship in Sustainability utilizes campus as a learning lab, enlisting students as researchers in investigating important questions facing our community, such as: How do the ways our campus operates and consumes resources effect the social, environmental and economic well being of our community? How is our campus impact connected to more complicated global issues like climate change, resource scarcity and poverty? What opportunities do we have as individuals, institutions, communities, and governments to increase collective social, economic and environmental health, and how do we best communicate these opportunities? And many more.
For details on the program, please attend one of two information sessions:
- Thurs., Jan. 21, 12:00pm-1:00pm in SPEA Career Dev. Office (lunch provided)
- Wed., Jan. 27, 5:30pm-6:30pm at E-House at 704 E. 10th St. (pizza provided)
We have 13 open positions, listed below; full descriptions are online.
Office of Sustainability Internship Positions
- Communications and Marketing
- Education & Research – Transitions Lab
- Energy & Built Environment – Advanced Buildings
- Energy & Built Environment – Utilities Conservation and Behavior Change
- Energy & Built Environment – Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Food – Campus Garden and Edible Campus Initiative
- Food – Food Planning and Implementation
- Program Evaluation
- Resource Use & Recycling – Hoosier to Hoosier Community Sale
- Resource Use & Recycling – No Waste Program
- Sustainability and the First Year Experience
- Sustainable IT – Desktop and Laptop Purchasing
- Transportation – Active Transportation