Dear Biology Undergraduates,
I will be teaching BIOL L311 (Genetics) this summer during the First Six Week Session, and I am looking for some great, enthusiastic potential UTAs.
The class will be offered Monday-Thursday, 8:00-9:50 AM in Jordan Hall A100. Learning groups will meet twice per week, most likely at the following times.
- Monday and Wednesday 10:20-11:10 a.m.
- Monday and Wednesday 11:20 a.m.-12:10 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday 10:20-11:10 a.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday 11:20 a.m.-12:10 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday 1:00-1:50 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday 3:30-4:20 p.m.
In order to be eligible to serve as a UTA, you must meet the following requirements:
- Class Standing: UTAs should have at least junior class standing by the time the appointment begins. However, exceptional underclassman may also be considered.
- GPA: Candidates must have an overall GPA of 3.25. That is, only applicants with a GPA of 3.25 or higher will be considered for UTA positions.
- Specific Grades: You must have earned an A- or better in the course for which you are applying to assist. You must also have earned excellent grades in related classes. You will need to submit a copy of your unofficial IU transcript with your application.
- Written Statement: This is a very important part of the application. When candidates for a position are relatively equal in the above areas, the statement can make the difference. Be sure to proofread your statement.
In addition, only students who have not yet graduated can be considered, due to university requirements.
You can find the UTA application online at: http://www.bio.indiana.edu/undergraduate/opportunities/teaching/UTA_application.pdf
You should also provide an up-to-date unofficial transcript, and also complete the written statement associated with the application.
If you are interested, please let me know! You can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I will be happy to schedule an interview with you.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Pamela L. Hanratty, PhD
Jordan Hall 018
1001 East Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405