Ecology and Environment, Inc., is a fully integrated environmental consulting firm who is committed to sustainable development through responsible environmental stewardship. We are seeking a temporary (on-call) Environmental Field Technician for a project in Clinton County, IN. This position will assist in conducting a variety of bat surveys.
We anticipate approximately 40 hours a week of work for a period of several weeks beginning in June. The surveys take place from approximately 6 p.m. – 2 a.m. This position will report to our Chicago, IL office.
- Bat acoustic and mist-net surveys
- Data compilation and report writing
- Assisting with other surveys on an as-needed basis
- Environmental experience or coursework (including bat or avian experience) desired but not required
- Ability to work from approximately 6 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions, lift up to 40 lbs. and walk extensive miles daily
- Attention to detail and ability to follow directions of a field team leader
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team setting as well as a self-starting individual
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel to project sites in Clinton County, IN. (preference will be given to candidates that live within a commutate distance of the project site).
E & E is its people. We are a knowledge based culture with an integrated staff of more than 85 scientific and engineering disciplines—a group of innovators who pave the way in implementing environmental solutions. E & E has been dedicated to environmental conservation and enhancement since our founding in 1970.
Please view our website at http://www.ene.com/ to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred. Must be eligible to work in the United States. Visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.