The Robert A. and Sandra S. Borns Jewish Studies Program
at Indiana University
Study in Israel
Overseas Study Presidential Match Scholarships
for Fall 2017 or the 2017-2018 Academic Year
Application Deadline: Monday, March 3, 2017
The Robert A. and Sandra S. Borns Jewish Studies Program at Indiana University is pleased to announce Overseas Study Presidential Match Scholarships for Studies in Israel for Fall 2017or the 2017-2018 academic year. These scholarships may be used to support IU Bloomington undergraduate students who study through IU Overseas Study at the Rothberg International School at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem or at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Tel Aviv University, or the University of Haifa.
Scholarships will range from $500 to $10,000. Students will automatically be considered for all scholarships.
- Any full-time Indiana University Bloomington undergraduate
- Recommended GPA of 3.0
- Studying during Fall 2017 or the 2017-2018 academic year at the Rothberg International School at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem through IU Overseas Study, at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, at Tel Aviv University, or at the University of Haifa.
Preference is given to students studying at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem through IU Overseas Study.
Awards will be competitive and based on academic achievement, financial need, and duration of study abroad.
- For students applying through IU Overseas Study to the Rothberg International School at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem apply through IU Overseas Study – checking “yes” to consideration for Presidential Match Scholarship.
- Students applying directly to Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Tel Aviv University, or the University of Haifa should print and fill out the application form and have two recommenders print and fill out forms that can be found at: www.indiana.edu/~jsp/undergraduates/funding_israel.shtml Application may be e-mailed (email@example.com), FAXed (812 855-4314), mailed, or hand delivered to: Israel Scholarships, Borns Jewish Studies Program, Indiana University, Global & International Studies Building, 355 N. Jordan Ave., GISB 4-East, 4023, Bloomington, IN 47405-1105. Recommenders can also submit via e-mail, FAX, mail, or hand delivery.
- Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (812) 855-0453.
Scholarships awarded may include: Harry A. Alpert, J.D. and Jeanette Solotken Alpert Overseas Study Scholarship, Irving and Sylvia Borns Fund for Overseas Study Scholarship, David and Amy Cook Overseas Study Scholarship, Fredric M. and Esther G. Fogle Fund for Overseas Study in Israel, Karl and Rosey Krakovitz Overseas Study Scholarship, Andrew C. and Jane A. Mallor Overseas Study Scholarship, Louis L. and Sybil S. Mervis Overseas Study Scholarship, Jeffrey B. and Ilene S. New Overseas Study Scholarship, Marilyn R. Shevitz Overseas Study Scholarship, David and Sylvia Zabinsky Overseas Study Scholarship.
These scholarships are made possible by generous donors: Barbara and Joe Alpert, Sandra and Robert Borns, The David M. Cook Foundation, Esther Fogle, Rosey Krakovitz, Jane and Andy Mallor, Sybil and Lou Mervis, Ilene and Jeff New, and, Leona and Reuben Shevitz.