“Celebrate EveryBODY Week”- Feb. 20-24, 2017
Body-image is a concern for many college students of all gender identities, and may lead to unhealthy dieting/exercise behaviors and/or an Eating Disorder. Celebrate EveryBODY Week can help students start finding things to appreciate about their bodies, and learn how to help a friend who may be struggling. Join us for:
- “Embrace” move screening – Monday Feb. 20, 7:00pm in Ballantine 013 sponsored by IU Body Project – https://youtu.be/__2AayArYfs
- Body-image activities, give-a-ways, and info about body-image and Eating Disorders – Tuesday Feb. 21, 11am-3pm in SRSC and Wells foyers.
- Learn more about IU’s Coalition for Overcoming Problem Eating/Exercise (C.O.P.E.) and how to help a friend– cope.indiana.edu
- Take one step toward feeling better about your body – attend our helpful body-image improvement workshop, “Body Esteem Boot Camp” (see attached flier) OR watch this great video about “fat-talk”- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehnftl0QDJ8
MONDAY MOTIVATORS – FREE drop-in workshops
“Help Me Sleep!”- February 6, 4-5pm. Location: Wells Library, East Tower, room E159
Can’t fall asleep? Waking up tired? We can help you sleep better! Improved sleep increases your concentration and balances your mood. Wilson Hsaio, Ph.D. will teach you ways to change the way you sleep.
“Stress Management”- February 20, 4-5pm. Location: Wells Library, East Tower, room E159
If you’re feeling overwhelmed, burnt out, or “blah”, this workshop is for you. Luciana Guardini, LCSW will teach you skills to change the way you manage stress and take care of your stressed out body!
“Conquer Procrastination”- March 6, 4-5pm. Location: Wells Library, East Tower, room E159
Procrastinate much? This workshop will provide you with tips to better manage your academic experience. From time management to study strategies, Amanda Snell M.A., will assist you in finding your path to academic success!
In addition to counselors at IU Health Center, students can also talk about a problem with our diverse group of consultants and counselors at the Asian Culture Center, First Nations Educational and Cultural Center, La Casa Latino Cultural Center, Neal-Marshall Black Cultural Center and Office of International Services!
“Let’s Talk Now” – Free, confidential and informal conversation with an emphasis on self-understanding and finding solutions to your problems. Drop-in hours are available here: www.go.iu.edu/letstalk
“Let’s Keep Talking” CAPS counselors are available at these locations when you need more than just a friendly chat. Call CAPS at 812-855-5711 to schedule a counseling session at one of the above locations. (First 2 visits are free!)
WEB WEDNESDAYS – FREE Online Workshops
Download the Zoom cloud meetings app (iu.zoom.us) and enter ID 541-962-473 to join in these FREE workshops to get tips and skills to be a better you!
- Stress Management –Feb. 8
- Time Management & Study Skills – Feb. 16
- Mid-Terms Prep – Feb. 22
Indiana University Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
600 N. Jordan Avenue, 4th floor
Bloomington, IN 47405-3191