The Office of International Affairs in the College of Arts and Sciences is inviting College undergraduate students to apply for the Spring 2018 semester exchanges at Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU) in South Korea.
SKKU offers a large selection of courses taught in English and provides excellent support for visiting exchange students. Since this an IU exchange, students nominated by the College pay their regular IU tuition. In addition, nominated students may apply for funds from the College to support their travel.
In order to be eligible students must:
- Be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Have completed a minimum of one year at IU prior to enrolling at the host university.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Complete an essay and provide two letters of recommendation.
- Have a passport by the time applications are due.
Student applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 1st, 2017
Applications will be reviewed by the College and students will be nominated to the host university after an in-person interview and selection process. Accepted students will be notified to complete an online application through their host universities.
Students interested in the program should do the following:
- Carefully read the referenced websites/attachments before submitting an application. Students should NOT contact the host university directly until after they are nominated by the College.
- Arrange for two (2) letters of recommendation from professors or others who can speak to the student’s academic qualifications, as well as any other qualities or information regarding the student’s maturity, preparedness, and interest in the exchange program. Recommendation letters should be sent directly from the recommender to the College Office of International Affairs, collOIA@indiana.edu by the application deadline.
- Complete the College’s Application for the exchange. The application form is attached, or students may obtain one by contacting our office at collOIA@indiana.edu.
- Write an essay that is no longer than two pages explaining why they would like to take part in the exchange. The essay should include information about academic studies thus far at IU and what they plan to study while abroad. The essay should also address why they would like to study in South Korea, such as any interest in the language, culture, or other opportunities there. Students should be sure their names are at the top of their essays.
- Send the completed application and essay (in PDF or Word format) by email attachment to the College Office of International Affairs at collOIA@indiana.edu by 11:59 p.m. on the due date, with the words “Secure Message” or “Confidential” in the subject line.
- Students will be contacted for an in-person interview. OIA will be in touch after the interview process to notify students whether they have been selected.
If you have any questions, please contact the College’s Office of International Affairs at collOIA@indiana.edu.