Themester 2018 is looking to identify two student representatives to serve on its advisory committee with faculty members. Themester is a College of Arts and Sciences program that encourages the exploration of an important topic each fall semester. Themester 2018’s theme is Animal/Human.
The advisory committee will have two to three meetings this coming fall semester and four to five meetings during the spring semester. We spend the 2017-18 academic year shaping Themester 2018 by choosing courses and events that focus on the theme. The student members provide an important perspective in this endeavor. If interested, please provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15 at noon:
- A résumé, including current major and intended degree completion date
- A statement of interest/cover letter
- Why would serving on the committee interest you?
- What could you bring to the committee? Why would you be a good student representative?
- One to two academic references (i.e. past instructors who might speak to your qualities)
- Letters of reference are not We seek names and contact information.
See https://themester.indiana.edu/policies-and-planning/themester-2018/index.html for more information about the theme. Let me know if you have any questions about Themester or the materials requested.
Director of Academic Initiatives
College of Arts and Sciences