Quality Control Analyst Position
Location: Bloomington, IN
Pay: $18-19 per hour
Duration: 12 Month Contract
This position will report through the QA Engineering department and focus on gathering data specific to biological, chemical and physical analyses on pharmaceutical products (biologics and drugs) and medical devices through all stages of the manufacturing process from incoming raw materials to finished goods, and may include environmental monitoring programs. This data will then be used to build test methods for the new Corporate LIMS system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gather data critical to biological, chemical and physical analyses such as raw materials, initial, in-process and final products, and samples collected from environmental monitoring programs at Baxter manufacturing facilities, etc.
• Gather information pertaining to a variety of laboratory instrumentation and computer systems used to collect and record data and perform assays. This requires fundamental analytical skills and understanding of biology and chemistry principles.
• Work in a group setting to develop test methods and processes to be used in a new Corporate LIMS system.
• Develop documented procedures (SOPs) for using the new Corporate LIMS system.
• Maintain data integrity and ensure compliance with company SOPs and specifications, FDA, GLP, QSR and cGMP regulations.
• Participate in functional efforts involving teams, which impact production, increase efficiency, solve problems, generate cost savings and improve quality.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently, be detail oriented and be able to complete tasks in a timely fashion.
• Must have basic understanding of laboratory instrumentation.
• Must be computer literate with high Microsoft Office program comprehension, specifically Word and Excel.
• Must be comfortable working for extended periods at a computer console.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers and work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
• Must be able to navigate, conduct searches, and fill on line forms on Personal Computer for the purposes of training, performance management, and self service applications.
• Knowledge of cGMP manufacturing.
• Knowledge of basic laboratory and pharmaceutical production processes.
• Knowledge of basic chemical and biological safety procedures.
• Must be able to read and follow detailed written instructions and have good verbal/written communication skills.
• Must have the following personal attributes: integrity and trust, work ethic, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction.
• Must have passion to innovate and drive for solutions.
• Must display personal accountability for results and integrity.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, or Biological Sciences with Analytical Chemistry or Laboratory coursework with 0-2 years experience
Contact: Shawn Petty, Director of VTS, VEAPS
Schedule a Phone Interview – https://calendly.com/shawn-petty-1/phone/03-01-2017