The College of Arts + Sciences Walter Center for Career Achievement team is currently seeking undergraduate students to assist in career programming and coaching. Peer coaches are required to work 8-10 hours per week and are compensated at $10.15/hour. Key Responsibilities: • Serve as ambassadors to inform students in the College of Arts + Sciences about the services of the Walter Center
- Coach undergraduate students on career preparation-related topics such as resume writing, cover letter writing, job search strategies and interviewing preparation • Assist in planning specialized career programming for students related to career communities • Conduct career-related presentations on a variety of topics to diverse groups of individuals across campus • Research and collaborate on projects for the Walter Center on a variety of topics which may include: career education, marketing, blog writing, data entry, employer relations, and university relations
We are seeking students who possess the following skills and qualifications: • Strong communication (both written and oral), teamwork, and interpersonal skills • Comfort presenting to small and large groups • Interest and passion for helping others • Willingness to recruit and train future coaches
- Prior leadership experience (preferred) • Declared major in the College of Arts + Sciences (preferred)
- Knowledge of career services (preferred)
Want to Apply?
Choose one of these options:
- Log into your CareerLink account at careers.college.indiana.edu and search for Job ID# 40970
- Contact Andrea White at (812) 855-0299 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*When applying, please include a resume and cover letter articulating why you are interested in the position.
Additional information about the Walter Center can be found at https://careers.college.indiana.edu/ or by contacting Andrea White.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 7, 2018