Are you passionate about your undergraduate experience in the IU College of Arts and Sciences? Do you love sharing stories about your courses, professors, and other aspects of campus life with others? Are you looking for opportunities to build leadership and professional skills?
If you answered yes to the above questions, we hope you will be interested in being a part of the College’s new pilot Student Ambassadors program, designed to help future IU students learn more about the benefits of the IU College student experience. We know that prospective students and families greatly value the opportunity to meet and talk directly with current students about all aspects of student life, and when it comes to promoting the benefits of an education in the College, our students are the best ambassadors!
As a Student Ambassador working with the College’s professional staff and faculty, you will have opportunities to:
- Engage with current and prospective IU students at official recruiting events hosted by the IU College of Arts and Sciences;
- Assist in the planning and management of recruiting events;
- Offer building and facilities tours to prospective students and special guests;
- Give us valuable insights about your own student experience, and provide feedback about your interactions with prospective students and families that will help us shape the program in this pilot year.
As a Student Ambassador, you will work with College professionals, train, and build valuable skills and experience in areas such as event planning and management, public speaking and presentation, collaboration and teamwork, and succeeding in a professional workplace.
In order to participate, Student Ambassadors should be able to
- Maintain a flexible schedule
- Attend orientations (1 per month)
- Attend monthly group meetings
- Attend/host one recruitment information session monthly
- Meet with a supervisor for check-ins once per semester, or as needed
- Attend professional development events (1 per semester)
- Attend professional development dinners (1 per semester)
Submit a cover letter, résumé, and answers to the following questions in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application by: Wednesday, September 19.
- As a Student Ambassador you will be a public representative of the IU College of Arts and Sciences. You will champion its mission and vision and promote the accomplishments of its faculty, alumni, and students. What makes you an ideal applicant?
- Describe an experience or two in your academic career in the College of Arts and Sciences that has inspired or changed you, or helped you grow academically, personally or both.
We hope you are inspired by this opportunity to gain valuable skills while sharing your IU College experience with future IU students. We look forward to receiving your application! If you have any questions, please email Alexis Coleman at email@example.com.