Themester 2019 is looking to identify two student representatives to serve on its advisory committee with faculty members. Themester is a College of Arts and Sciences program that encourages the exploration of an important topic each fall semester. Themester 2019’s theme is Remembering and Forgetting.
Student representatives help shape Themester 2019 by reviewing proposals for courses and events that focus on the theme. The advisory committee also plays a direct role in curating a film series and choosing a keynote speaker. The advisory committee will have approximately four meetings as well as a luncheon during the spring semester with some email discussion/voting during the summer. Student members provide an important perspective in this endeavor. If interested, please provide the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5 at noon:
- A résumé, including current major and intended degree completion date
- A statement of interest/cover letter
- Why would serving on the committee interest you?
- What could you bring to the committee? Why would you be a good student representative?
- One to two academic references (i.e. past instructors who might speak to your qualities)
- Letters of reference are not We seek names and contact information.
More information about the theme is on the Themester website.