A full-time Research Associate position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Manuel Baizabal in the Genome, Cell and Developmental Biology Program at Indiana University Bloomington to study the transcriptional and epigenetic mechanisms that regulate the development of the cerebral cortex.
Some of the responsibilities of the Research Associate include:
1) Creating molecular vectors by cloning.
2) In utero electroporation of plasmid DNA into the cerebral cortex of mouse embryos.
3) Perfusion of post-natal and adult brains.
4) Cell culture.
5) Plasmid preparation, real-time PCR, western blots, RNA purification and cDNA preparation.
6) Genotyping mouse lines
7) General laboratory maintenance, including organizing the lab and meetings, taking care of all lab purchases and keeping biosafety protocols and other lab documentation updated.
8) Training undergraduates and new graduate students on basic techniques.