The Hutton Honors College presents the
Annual IUB Undergraduate Research Symposium and Poster Fair
Saturday, April 14, 2018
The Hutton Honors College invites all IU undergraduates from any discipline to participate in the annual Research Symposium and Poster Fair! This is a great opportunity to let others see the valuable work you have accomplished, and to see what other students in a variety of fields are exploring here at IU. It is also a great chance for you to perfect your presentation skills and receive valuable feedback from faculty and interested colleagues. Don’t miss this opportunity for professional experience!
Whether you choose to present a paper or a poster, or would like to participate in both events, we welcome one page abstracts by Sunday, February 25, 2018. Continue reading “YOU are invited to participate in undergraduate research symposium”
Priority Submission Deadline: December 1st, 2017
Final Deadline: February 15th, 2018
Biology, Microbiology, and Animal Behavior majors are encouraged to submit research papers to the IU Journal of Undergraduate Research (IUJUR), which is currently accepting submissions for its 2018 issue. You have the exciting opportunity to publish your work in any area of research as a full-length paper, review article, or research snapshot. Quality research done for a current/previous class is also acceptable. IUJUR accepts submissions on a rolling basis, and those who submit by the Priority Deadline (12/1/2017) will either be accepted straight away or receive individualized feedback and have the chance to resubmit. If you are interesting in submitting your work, you can consult our submission steps. Feel free to contact email@example.com with any questions or meeting requests with student editors for further guidance.
If you would like to go beyond Google Scholar in your research endeavors, please consider attending the Libraries workshop this Thursday, March 23, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. in Lindley Hall Computer Lab 030 (basement level).
Increase your value to your research lab: hunting and gathering literature and data sources
Thursday, March 23, 2017, 1-2pm in LINDLEY Hall computer lab, 030 (basement level)
Continue reading “Helpful workshop this Thursday 3/23/17 for students who do lab research”
24th Animal Behavior Conference
April 7-8, 2017
Bloomington Convention Center
302 S. College Avenue in Bloomington, Indiana
Plenary speaker is Elizabeth Adkins-Regan, Cornell University
Keynote speaker is Laura Hurley, Indiana University
Continue reading “Animal Behavior Conference in Bloomington, April 7-8”
In addition to hiring Summer Interns in Sustainability, the IU Office of Sustainability has two additional student opportunities:
- Successful applicants will be matched with sustainability non profits and businesses in the state of Indiana for two to three month summer externships. Thanks to a generous gift by the McKinney Family Foundation, these positions are paid a competitive stipend.
- Work assignments will be dynamic and challenging; upperclassmen are encouraged to apply.
- Students are invited to attend an open house on Tuesday, March 7 at 6:00 PM in Psychology 111 to learn more. Refreshments will be provided.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Student Research Development Grants
- IUOS continues its tradition of awarding financial support to students engaging in sustainability research. For the second year in a row, we are extending this opportunity to undergraduates in addition to graduate students.
- Both basic and applied research is supported from the arts and humanities, social and natural sciences, and technical and policy studies. Special consideration is given to projects directed at campus, community, or regional targets, although proposals that address global sustainability problems are also accepted.
- Undergraduate awards may be up to $3,000. Graduate awards range from $2,000 to $10,000.
- Applications are due Wednesday, March 8.
- Visit our website to download the application form. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.